Let’s help teachers and students get ready for anything this fall.
Fun Factor is our groundbreaking math offering featuring hands-on, dynamic activities that make math come to life for students. We’re now facing a year of wildly varying hybrid education models and even larger achievement gaps among students. So we’ve upgraded our games to work either in person or remotely over live video, so students can learn whether together or at home.
In response to the pandemic, we are offering Fun Factor for free to all New Jersey K-5 teachers for the 2020-21 school year as our charitable donation to support our home state. Any New Jersey K-5 teacher currently employed at a public elementary or accredited private school can participate in our free, live professional development. After attending each interactive online training, teachers may order the free materials to teach that math activity to all their students.
We empower K-5 teachers to:
- Serve learners with wide-ranging levels of proficiency—a critical need due to the pandemic
- Serve different learning styles
- Embrace strategies to make math class engaging and exciting—more important than ever when teaching remotely
Our gift to teachers includes:
- Lively, hands-on math lessons grounded in neuroscience and other research
- Complete kit with all physical instructional materials needed by students
- Live, interactive professional development workshops co-developed with Columbia Teachers College
- PD certificate of attendance upon completion
- Alignment with standards to enrich any math curriculum
In July, we introduced this virtual version of Fun Factor to NJ teachers as part of the QUEST Summer Institute run by Princeton University’s Program in Teacher Preparation.
Currently we are offering Fun Factor only to K-5 teachers in New Jersey. We are developing plans to expand the program nationwide to elementary school teachers this fall. Details will be posted on this page.
For more information, contact Shayna Sackett-Gable, our Director of Pedagogy, at email@example.com.